Does a New Bathroom Add Value To a House?
As homeowners, we want to ensure that our homes have a lot of value. This is important as it will be important when you try to resale your home down the road. A lot of people ask, “What adds value to a house?” and there are a couple of ways in which people can increase their home value. Some of the most popular ways to improve the value of a property is adding more landscaping, making home fixtures and appliances more energy-efficient and automated, as well as remodeling.
A kitchen and bathroom remodel are by far the most common remodels you can do for a home. If you keep asking yourself, “How can I increase my home value?” the best way to do this is with a kitchen or bathroom remodel. Kitchens tend to be a lot bigger than bathrooms, so if you are looking to save a little bit more money but want to add more value, you can’t go wrong by starting with bathroom remodeling. Not only can bathroom remodeling refresh the way that your bathroom looks, but it will improve the overall value of your home. Whether you are remodeling your master or guest bathroom, it is one of the best ways to update your home and increase the value.
Bathroom Remodel Vs Renovate
When we hear the terms remodel and renovate, we tend to think that they are the same thing. While both of these are home improvements, they are actually quite different. Remodeling is changing the structure or appearance of a room, whereas renovations repair or update a room. Not only are the two different in what they can do for a home, but the costs of remodeling and renovating are significantly different. Because you are altering the structure of a room, remodeling is going to be a lot more expensive than renovating.
Deciding on which one is better for your home will depend on how much money you are willing to spend and how drastic of a change you want your bathroom to look. If you are just wanting to update a few fixtures and paint the walls of your bathroom, a bathroom renovation is a good service to consider. If, however, you want to replace your bathtub and add and shower and tear down some walls, you need to consult a professional about a bathroom remodel. Another thing to think about is what home improvements add the most value? A bathroom renovation or remodel? Bathroom remodeling is usually the home improvement project that will increase your home value a lot more.
Bathroom Remodel Dos and Don’ts
If you think that bathroom remodeling is the first step in adding more value to your home, you should know a few dos and don’ts that will save you money and time.
Bathroom Remodeling Dos
- Do Plan for Unexpected Expenses: There is bound to be something that happens that you didn’t originally budget for, so it’s important to have extra money to cover unexpected expenses.
- Do Hire an Experienced Contractor: Because remodeling involves changed the structure of a room, you will need to hire a contractor who knows what they are doing.
- Do Stick To Classic Styles: Trends come and go, but classic styles will always be in. You don’t want to remodel your bathroom and years later it actually decreases the value of your home.
- Do Upgrade Bathroom Fixtures: Not only are newer plumbing fixtures more water-efficient, but new fixtures are needed in order to go with the aesthetic of your new bathroom.
Bathroom Remodeling Don’ts
- Don’t Skimp On Labor Costs: It might be tempting to hire a contractor who will remodel your bathroom for cheap, but it is worth it to invest in a contractor who might charge more but will do the remodeling correctly.
- Don’t Tackle Remodeling On Your Own: Unless you have firsthand experience with remodeling, it is better to leave your bathroom
remodelto the experts.
- Don’t Remodel Without Adding More Storage: Having a lot of storage space in your bathroom is important in order to store your linens, towels, bathroom toiletries, and more.
- Don’t Neglect Your Ventilation: If you’re remodeling the bathroom, you might as well update the ventilation in there.
Is Bathroom Remodel Worth It?
Where To Save On Bathroom Remodel
If you are still on the fence about remodeling your bathroom and whether it is worth it, there are ways in which you can save money here and there on your bathroom remodeling project. What is the cheapest way to remodel a bathroom? One way to decrease the cost is by not moving any of your plumbing pipes or fixtures. Another thing you can do is keep plumbing appliances that don’t look outdated, such as the toilet. Because tile is all the rage right now, you can save money by using other alternatives like board and batten or reclaimed wood. If you want to know more about how you can save on your bathroom remodel in Rockville, MD, call the plumbing specialists at Service Force Plumbing. We can help you by offering high-quality and affordable plumbing service for your bathroom remodeling project, so give us a call at 301-841-6284 to learn more.